I just looked at a calendar, and it turns out that the next time my birthday falls on a Saturday will be in 2018. That is over 9 years from now.
My 2012 Birthday (#36) will be on a Friday; due to leap years, my 2013 birthday (#37) will be on a Sunday.
It will be my 42nd birthday.
That will be the next time that my birthday falls on a Saturday. The next time I am able to both sleep in AND stay up late on my birthday will be #42. And by that time, I'm pretty sure I will naturally get up at 5:30 AM and fall asleep at 7:30 PM.
We're basically looking at a full decade before I get another Saturday birthday. Think of all the things that will have happened by then:
- Obama will have completed both of his presidential terms, and we will be in the midst of the midterms of the Tim McGraw presidency.
- The Bills will have missed the playoffs for the 19th consecutive year.
- Zac Efron will have won that elusive third Oscar.
- Guns-N-Roses' "Chinese Democracy II" will only be three years from release.
- VH-1 will complete their "I Love the 2010s" series... apparently.
- Cancer will be cured; male-pattern baldness will still haunt me. I will have the same amount of grey hair that I do now.
- I will get around to organizing my magazines.
- I will still be adorable.
So if you happen to see me on a Saturday, and it's my birthday. Buy me a beer.
I'll be dead shortly after.