Monday, December 15, 2008

How's This For Depressing?

Well not for you, but for me.

I just looked at a calendar, and it turns out that the next time my birthday falls on a Saturday will be in 2018. That is over 9 years from now.

My 2012 Birthday (#36) will be on a Friday; due to leap years, my 2013 birthday (#37) will be on a Sunday.

It will be my 42nd birthday.

That will be the next time that my birthday falls on a Saturday. The next time I am able to both sleep in AND stay up late on my birthday will be #42. And by that time, I'm pretty sure I will naturally get up at 5:30 AM and fall asleep at 7:30 PM.

We're basically looking at a full decade before I get another Saturday birthday. Think of all the things that will have happened by then:
  • Obama will have completed both of his presidential terms, and we will be in the midst of the midterms of the Tim McGraw presidency.
  • The Bills will have missed the playoffs for the 19th consecutive year.
  • Zac Efron will have won that elusive third Oscar.
  • Guns-N-Roses' "Chinese Democracy II" will only be three years from release.
  • VH-1 will complete their "I Love the 2010s" series... apparently.
  • Cancer will be cured; male-pattern baldness will still haunt me. I will have the same amount of grey hair that I do now.
  • I will get around to organizing my magazines.
  • I will still be adorable.


So if you happen to see me on a Saturday, and it's my birthday. Buy me a beer.

I'll be dead shortly after.

3 comments:

'Don' Cialini said...

You could always take a vacation day the next time your B-Day is on a Friday. Then you could sleep in, stay up late, and have 2 days to recover. Adapt and overcome black man!

Toastie said...

Billy, you'll be adorable far past your 42nd birthday. Your longing gaze lives in my dreams.

Willie Moe said...

"I will have the same amount of grey hair that I do now." Really Bill? You think you'll still have that much hair when you're 42? And if you want depressing, how bout all those people who actually work on Saturdays princess. Put that in your "woe is me" pipe and smoke it! Yeah, those people selling and possibly pouring your drinks, the EMTs responding to pump your stomach, etc. But I have to agree with Toast, you'll be adorable till the end of time! We should all try and get into the same old folks home!