- My head is wide
- My eyes are very close together, especially for the width of my head.
- Numbing eye drops work great! Bring on the Lasik!
- My nose "wanders"
- It's better for me to have darker glasses because they hide the fact that I have no eyebrows.
- The screws that held my old pair of rimless glasses together were far too long, to the point that they were actually illegal! I could have sustained a pretty severe eye injury if I had had the wrong kind of facial accident.
- I have a mild astigmatism. I also used to think it was "a stigmatism," and that it meant that you had a bad reputation that followed you around. And this was only a couple years ago. And I'm not kidding.
- You have all sorts of little arteries in your eyes that are actually in front of your vision, but that your brain ignores. How cool is that!
- My eyes dilate like a mutha***ka.
- It's true that people with blue eyes are more sensitive to light.
- Darker glasses make my hair look darker (and at this point I need all the help I can get).
- I'm too chicken to pursue the trendy "European" look just yet.
Monday, March 30, 2009
A Dozen Things I Learned About My Face
I got new glasses the other day, and I found out the following things about my face ... and about life ...