Sunday, August 24, 2008

Obama/Biden 2008

Many of my loyal readers may remember that I put my coveted support behind Joseph R. Biden, Jr., the senior Senator from Delaware, for President of the United States in 2008. 'Twas true in May of 2006 and 'tis true today: Joe Biden is the man.

When Biden was lambasted for calling Barack Obama "clean" in 2007, I got behind him (which I'm sure got him out of a lot of hot water).

Barack Obama is clearly a NOCWIT fan, because he heeded my advice and selected JB to be our next Vice President. Some people say he's risky because of some of his verbal slip-ups, but I would rather have a guy who speaks his mind, after 7 years of the White House being run by a glorified public relations company.

I will have more on this, I'm sure, in the coming months, but I am so beyond excited that Obama took Biden -- a man who never officially endorsed Barack and will not be one of his "yes men" -- and is bringing him to be a partner in fixing this broken country.

Here is a promotional video from the Obama campaign. I would also encourage you to read about his story, like how he commuted from Delaware to Washington, DC to be with his sons when his wife and baby daughter were killed in a car accident. (He never talks about this, by the way, or uses it for sympathy.)



I am very cynical when it comes to politicians, and I'm not saying Biden is a perfect human being, but he's always struck me as someone that I can relate to and someone who truly wants to do right by the country.

All you guys who voted for Bush can finally get it right. LET'S DO THIS!

No comments: