Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Return of the Blue and Gold?

Now, I know I have barraged some of my less hockey-centric readers (which is to say, both of you) with a lot of Sabres stuff, but I think they will go down as one of my favorite sports teams ever. I think I will make a blog about that very topic later. Hmmmm...

Anyway, since their season is over and I don't really want to let them go yet, I thought I would just pop up this proposal for possible new uniforms for the 2006-07 season. The proposals come from Celsius Design, and they are completely unofficial. In fact, the web site does not appear to have been updated since 2003, when I was but a tyke of 27 years old. Yes, that does put it all in perspective, doesn't it.

Anyway, here it is.



Very sharp design and I love the colors. It's an updated version of the classic old charging buffalo, but with stronger colors (gold instead of just plain yellow) and an updated, more fierce design. Quite honestly, I was never a huge fan of the blue and yellow unis. Not until they were gone. But the black and red with the Goat Head has grown on me.

Of course I am sort of a hypocrite because I always talk about how much I hate black as a primary color for any team. But at the time, the team needed a new look and anyone who remembers those teams of 1996-97 (ie. none of you except maybe Javen) knows, they did begin a string of several solid seasons over the next few years until they went bankrupt in 2003.

Here's hoping that regardless what decision they've made about new uniforms, they don't screw it up. If it can forge a new identity with a new hockey powerhouse, so be it. Clothes do make the man.

No comments: